Friday, April 8, 2011

keep

why don't people read westerns anymore?

Maybe I've been reading too much Rick Geary, but that hand in panel five is straight out of his excellent Jack The Ripper book (from his always excellent Treasury of Victorian Murder series). The eyesore of three fonts in one panel is a tribute to the 19th century playbill, a time when all you design folks would be shovelling coal.

It looks like I'll be attending the FLUKE comics and zine show in Athens, GA on April 23rd . It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since the first one. I discovered great Georgia cartoonists there, like T Edward Bak, Eleanor DavisPatrick Dean, and Drew Weing--all of whom are doing awesome, awesome comics these days (I even have an original page from Drew's graphic novel Set to Sea in my office!). The show even inspired me to make a pair of shoes out of comics for show organizer Robert Newsome. I had a lot of time on my hands before children.

No comments:

Post a Comment