Friday, August 19, 2011

boycott

but with a heart of gold

This is an old one that I re-touched a bit to mesh better with what I'm doing art-wise now. I skipped boycott when I realized I had wanted one word per letter of the alphabet in my first six months or so. I went with "bikini" for my first B, which is a strip I still like more than this one.

Panel Five: News of the "now-christened" boycott reached all the way to Japan! And period images of mail-carrier garb reminds me all-too much of American Civil War uniforms, so I apologize for that confusion.

If you know anything about comics and the recent legal wranglings of Marvel vs. Jack Kirby's estate, then you know this has become the buzz-word for folks disappointed by Marvel's recent actions to continually deny any financial or legal recognition of Kirby's lasting cultural and creative legacy. Anyways, enough of my soapbox.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment