Wednesday, March 21, 2012

volcano

citizens of Pompeii, may I have your attention...
If "u" was for my daughter, this one's for my son. He's obsessed with volcanoes. I really like this image, except I feel like it's not mine. I just spent a week with John Porcellino at the S.A.W. workshop, and I can't help but notice a similarity in style. There are worse things than my drawings bear an undue resemblance to John P.'s, though.

(Brief aside: if you have any chance to participate in any of the various workshops, classes, or year-long studies at the Seqential Artists Workshop, you must! Tom Hart and Leela Corman have something special going on down there - as good a workshop as I've ever been involved with.)

I'm hoping to knock out the last two (W & Z, because I'll be damned if I can find an X or Y from Greek or Roman mythology to fit this series) in the next week or so, and then I'm shifting focus a little. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment