Sunday, March 3, 2013

Presidential visit



Well, I finally got off my ass and posted a story to the Decatur Patch again. I think one of the reasons I've struggled with these news pieces is how totally opposite this work is from the "In Pursuit of Lost Books" strip I've been working on for guyslitwire. I recently ran into a webcartoonist who told me that, if there's anything he's figured out over the years, it's that you have to post often and you can't take too much time with individual panels. This strip is the exact opposite of that, of course.

Then again, I've yet to shake two things: black and white linework without color or shading, and the idea of having my comics work the same on the web and in print...

As far as the story goes, the President came to my neighborhood two weeks ago. He visited the preschool two blocks from my house, the school where my son went to preschool. The "neighbor" is actually me. It's my yard we all gathered in, but I like the distance of this being an event more observed than participated in.

No comments:

Post a Comment