Friday, April 12, 2013

Follow up to Fernbank: News Conference

This past weekend was FLUKE!, the annual zine and comics show in Athens, GA. I try to go every year, and this year was no exception. I packaged together three minis: a collection of poems I illustrated (you can see them this month over at the Little Shop of Stories blog), the latte/Gyges piece I did, and the Fernbank story. I added a bit to the Fernbank piece, if no other reason than that I needed the extra pages. In reality, as I mentioned in my last post, I want to do more with this story, and this added bit fleshed out what I want to say about Fernbank Science Center, particularly as it relates to uneasy tension with Fernbank, Inc and the Fernbank Museum.

Anyways, here's the added bit (click to enlarge):

That aside, FLUKE! was great fun. The whole family came, and both my kids had books. I came across some great work by some great cartoonists. We had a table next to Rich Tomasso, and chatted with FLUKE! regulars like Eleanor Davis, Chris Schweizer, and, of course, show runners Patrick Dean and Robert Newsome.

No comments:

Post a Comment